System Engineer provides systems and hardware engineering support on systems, elements and/or interfacing systems supporting cloud service offerings, specifically the hardware platforms and components for servers, network, load balancing, and storage.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Provide system engineering support to ICE ITE-specific infrastructure.
- Implement monitoring and automation on cloud computing infrastructure componnents; manage upgrades, planned outages, and return-to-service activies; along with routine system administration functions as necessary.
- Deliver analyzed system requirements, CONOPS, and interface pathways with the Cloud Ops, Operations Cell, or Utility Computing teams as necessary.
- Interaction with relevant mission partners and communities is necessary.
- Provide system configuration documentation and knowledge libraries concerning all Utility Cloud, End User, and Gov Cloud Deployments.
- Deliver developed processes to ensure issue and problem resolutions are tracked and managed appropriately within a defined work process. This includes providing customer service status and problem resolution reports.
- Perform technical requirements tracking, identifiy hardware based issues, and work with vendors to resolve issues.
- Linux, CentOS, and Windows operating system experience
Essential Job Functions
- Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines.
- Recommends moderately complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Key Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS) hardware required
- Experience in technical design, development, and configuration of virtualized & cloud systems, as well as integration and deployment of systems
- Experience monitoring usage patterns and capacity to determine recommended changes
- Experience in both VMware and Citrix, along with OpenShift and Cons3rt desired
- Experience with system level logging and auditing desired
- Field experience with system installations and upgrades desired
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Current TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming or naval architecture
- Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
- Experience working with design principles and applications
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Application Tester
- Columbus OH
- FPGA Engineers
- Hardware Engineer
- Hot Hot JOBS ! Prime Contracts !
- Job Openings
- News & Advice
- Secret Clearance
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- TS ( Top Secret Clearance )
- TS/SCI CI Poly Clearance
- TS/SCI Clearance
- TS/SCI FS Poly Clearance
- Unix Linux System Administrators Maryland
- Web Developer
- ~Washington, DC