System Administrator/Infrastructure Technician in support of a current contract in Annapolis Junction, MD.
A active TS/SCI w/ Poly is required prior to starting.
Oversees as well as installs, tests, and validates operational software as specified by installation standards, manufacturer’s guidance and safety codes; maintains a much broader knowledge of the system than junior technicians. Conduct on the job training for co-workers.
The Infrastructure FLE (Front-Line Engineer) is responsible for the following:
Work as part of a diverse, cross-functional, and geographically-dispersed team in the Tier II break/fix sustainment support for the 24x7x365 Mission operations of the global IT systems
As the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for hardware, perform and/or direct remote diagnosis, troubleshooting, and restoration of hardware system components
Interact and communicate with internal resources from Front-Line, DataFlow, and Networking disciplines
Interact and communicate with external organizations, including Tier I Support, End-¬user customers, and other contractors
May require working after hours as necessary to complete on-going troubleshooting and repair efforts
After hours and weekend on-call support
May require occasional (infrequent) travel, including OCONUS travel
Accurate documentation of symptoms, actions, follow-up items, and scheduling to include ticketing systems, turnover log, knowledge articles, reports, configuration changes, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level database solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current. Oversees the maintenance of a library of system-supporting process and procedure documentation.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
- Five years experience integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows) and developing and implementing test plans and test scripts
- Experience performing all aspects of the integration and test of the system including installing the hardware into the racks, labeling cables, running cables, building the system to drawing package, quality assurance, loading operating system, loading applications, and all levels of testing in regard to the system.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have Excellent Linux Command Line skills & LDAP
- Must have Excellent remote troubleshooting skills
- Must have Basic understanding of Infrastructure, DataFlow, and Networking disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse, cross-functional, and geographically dispersed team in fast-paced environment
Highly Desired Skills:
- Puppet Server, IBM Blade Center, KVM Switches, enterprise storage systems, Infrastructure, DataFlow, and Networking disciplines
- Prior Mission experience is highly desired
- Perl and Shell scripting experience desired
- Application Tester
- Applications Engineer
- Hardware Engineer
- Hot Hot JOBS ! Prime Contracts !
- Job Openings
- News & Advice
- Secret Clearance
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Systems/Network Administrator
- TS ( Top Secret Clearance )
- TS/SCI CI Poly Clearance
- TS/SCI Clearance
- TS/SCI FS Poly Clearance
- Unix System Administrator
- Web Developer